Thursday, September 27, 2007

A step forwards for NetEvents!

I'm at NetEvents, the network industry press gathering. It's in Malta this year, and as you'd expect, the hotel is nice.

But that's not what you want to hear about. I'm in the conference room now, hearing about the networks that support the CERN particle accelerators.

I'm telling you about something else. For the first time in my ten years of NetEvents, we have Power to the Conference Tables!

At the start 0f every NetEvents, we all scour the hall for signs of a power socket we can use.

This time I spotted cables taped to the floor.





And sure enough, we all have (UK!) power sockets under our tables.











There's an irony though, We're all using Wi-Fi laptops. on a LAN provided by Trapeze Networks.


So the wires are actually a by-product of the growth ofwireless networking.

No comments: